Sunday, June 1, 2008

BEST FRIDAY NIGHT EVER, Part Two

Friday night was rough. The world's worst foul call was made. The score went up and down and up and down and I'll be the first to say that up and down makes for a rough time. I'd tell you all about it but by now you'll have already seen it or read about it or heard about it. There really isn't much for me to say except WOOOO FRRRRRIIIIGGGINNNNN WHHHOOOOO.

Here's the Balcony Gal Pictorial:

We had a little party to watch the game. I gathered all of the special party glasses but the green glasses were a favorite.


I hired this great bartender. He showed up wearing a cape which was interesting, to say the least, but I was thrilled to discover he could mix a drink behind his back with his sword. Impressive.


My BFF was a hit at this party. I knew she'd never show up to watch hoops so I told her we'd be having a red carpet, private showing of the Sex and the City movie. She got all dressed up and prepped. I'm sure I'll pay for that little lie at some point but there is no denying she had a great time. There she is on the left next to Balcony Guy's BFF, then Balcony Guy and Me.



My BFF invited this pair, too, so they were a little over-dressed but they really enjoyed themselves. Turns out he loves tequila, too. Apparently she'd had an unfortunate accident with a dog about six months ago and wasn't really drinking. I interpreted that to mean she wasn't double fisting like I was.


One of the guys from the clean up crew came in toward the end of the game and cleaned out all of the red glasses since DeeTroit was no longer in the running.


Then the cleaning guy came back in with a bunch of yellow glasses. I didn't mind since a little rivalry is always good.


The bartender thought differently. He was all, "Beat LA!" and he poked the guy in the third eye with his sword.


My neighbor stopped in and was all, "Dude. Go LA!! Kobe is so going to make you wish you weren't even born." We made him a drink in a yellow glass.


I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. I'm excited to see the Celtics and LA go at it under the boards. Game One of the finals will find me sitting in my Balcony Seat with Balcony Guy. Think they'll let us sneak in our green glasses? Hopefully I'll have pictures to share next time. Meanwhile, GO CELTICS!

2 comments:

Suldog said...

I know it's not glorious TEQUILA!!!, but if you really want to go all the way with the grenn glasses, green whatever thing, you could drink some Midori. I'm just saying.

Kate said...

just so you know - since you are such the celtics fan and i am such a you fan my hubby has decided this means i am a celtics fan and that we should watch the games. yes, i have atually been WATCHING THE GAMES! how crazy is that? Thanks for the inspiration. i think. :p

btw, i had margaritas with some YUMMY tequila and thought of you last weekend. oh yes i did!