Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April First: Not Just For Fools

I know it's a big day for jokes but I will spare you any of my silliness. For now. And let's just note that that is a very hard thing for me to do!

Today is, in all seriousness, the wedding anniversary of Balcony Guy and I. Yes, we were married on April Fools Day. It's a long story. Meanwhile, while I sit here and reminisce about the fact that 8 years ago I wasn't thinking about the NBA playoffs as I stood on the beach in Key West and I still wasn't thinking about the NBA playoffs as I lounged in Jamaica as a newlywed, I'll give you something great to read about a friend of mine who's one of those guys who probably was thinking about the NBA playoffs 8 years ago and also cursing the fact that he had a lot more work to do since Balcony Guy and I were off being wed: Suldog: Same Old Same Old.

And once you've read that, let's get back to thinking about those playoffs.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Happy Anniversary!

(and thanks for the link love.)

Kate said...

ooh oooh!! 8 YEARS!! that is fantastic!! congratulations and happy anniversary!!!!

hmmm does this mean celtics themed celebrations?